- Who We Serve
- Resource Center
Always a better road words we live by at Blacklidge, teamwork is our guiding principle and diversity our driving force. We embrace the passion of every employee to contribute to our innovative and dynamic organization. We have a current opening for an action-oriented and high-energy, experienced leader for our Manufacturing Plant in Gulfport, MS.
The Plant Manager is an essential member of our highly engaged team, reporting to the (Acting) Manufacturing Lead, responsible for providing leadership and operational guidance for the safe and cost-effective operation of Blacklidge’s manufacturing facility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety, Environmental and Sustainability leadership – driving the safety culture and incident report issuance and investigation
- Scheduling of the plant to assure production schedule is met
- Coordinate with corporate office resources and management
- Implement proper inventory control procedures
- Work daily with sales team to gain alignment on product capacity and availability
- Establishing, sustaining, and improving standard operating systems – driving / coordinating continuous improvement process and quality improvements through sound judgment and maintaining compliance with our DOT certification
- Ensures Quality Incident Reports are issued and investigated for deviations of operation and/or quality performance. Works with BETA Engineers and technicians to address issues and drive continuous improvement
- Working with the operations team to manage day-to-day operations and overseeing the development of technicians
- Managing area personnel staffing – training metrics, overtime, contractor staffing, OSHA minimum requirements
- Area maintenance needs – Work with both contract and company maintenance personnel in driving high, reliable production capability
- Quality Leadership and participation – ensuring continuous improvement of quality performance. Expectation is to lead and mentor a quality program that exceeds all DOT and customer expectations
- Drive improvements in operating parameters, such as Yield, Bill of Material accuracy and on-time orders
- Leadership for uptime metrics including collection of downtime and production interruptions
- Oversees shutdown planning & scheduling
- Accountable for cost control for the facility including management of plant maintenance, contractors, overtime, and capital. This cost control includes monthly reporting and explanations of cost deltas versus targets.
- Bachelor’s degree and additional education or equivalent experience in a petroleum production/operations environment sufficient to manage a dynamic large-scale operation with the skills listed above
- 3+ years of management experience preferably in a manufacturing environment leading teams of a minimum of 10 members
- Proficient with MS Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials storage and transfer equipment (pumps, valves, motors, tanks and tankers)
- Thorough understanding of boiler operations and Hot Oil Heaters maintenance preferred (chemicals and water testing for boilers)
- Experience with trucking operations and their potential hazards and emergency response procedures
- Strong background in Root Cause Analyze and “5 Why”
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to deal
- Multitasking and time-management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of latest safety laws and regulations
- Detailed knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Lift, push and pull over 50 pounds
- Perform repetitive body movements
- Withstand extreme weather conditions with appropriate weather protective gear
- Climb ladders, tankers and vertical tanks without fear of height (15 feet or higher)
- Work flexible hours
Only committed and qualified individuals should apply! If this description matches you, let’s get started on your new and rewarding career.
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States. Blacklidge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Blacklidge is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Qualified applicants will be administered a teaming assessment and a pre-employment background check and drug screen. Blacklidge also randomly tests employees for illegal substances.