- Who We Serve
- Resource Center
The Customer Service Technician (CST) will be reporting to the CST Lead and falls under the Operations Division to deliver a stellar customer service experience, with a goal of improving customer satisfaction, maximizing client retention, and increasing profitability. This position will be the face of the company in the field and will monitor customer satisfaction, ensuring all incidents, problems, and requests are promptly resolved and/or escalated. If you are action-oriented and service-driven, with a strong desire to fix problems, build rapport, and enhance the customer experience this is a job for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Respond to customer issues related to the company’s specialty branded products and commodity products.
- Assist with the setup of product demonstrations with new and existing customers, including training for contractors and DOT agencies.
- Regular collaboration with the VP of Operations, Regional Sales Managers, and sales reps to share information and make recommendations to improve the customer experience.
- Good communication skills
- Good reading comprehension, writing, basic math, and computer skills
- Displays effective time management and planning skills
- Self-motivated and responsible individual with ability to manage time with minimal managerial oversight
- Ability to remain composed and patient while dealing with stressful situations
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Minimum two years of experience in roadway construction is preferred including handling, testing, and/or applying asphalt-based products
- Technical degree or certification is preferred
- Experience with mechanical equipment and troubleshooting mechanical issues
- Computer literate with experience using Salesforce (or any CRM)
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to lift 50lbs
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have a valid proof of authorization to work in the United States. Blacklidge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Blacklidge is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We request all applicants complete a pre-employment online teaming assessment, drug screen, and background check. All job offers are contingent upon passing the pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check. Blacklidge also randomly tests employees for illegal substances.