- Who We Serve
- Resource Center
Always a better road words we live by at Blacklidge, teamwork is our guiding principle and diversity our driving force. We embrace the passion of every employee to contribute to our innovative and dynamic organization. We have a full-time position open for an experienced truck driver for Fairfield, TX and surrounding locations.
Truck Drivers are an essential member of our highly engaged team, reporting to the Logistics Director, responsible for transporting goods from one location to another. Duties include ensuring proper loading, abiding by traffic laws and ensuring safe unloading and delivery to their destination.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Distance driving
- Communicating and coordinating with dispatchers
- Obeying and following applicable traffic laws
- Ensuring any mechanical issues with the vehicle and trailers are corrected before driving
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations, familiar with not just traffic laws but rules regarding required rest periods and maximum miles driven
- A clean driving record
- Commercial driving – 3 years preferred
- Class A CDL w/ tanker endorsement preferred
- TWIC preferred but we will work with the applicant to get the TWIC & Hazmat certification
- Pay is $.40 (all miles) based on your odometer (more than $.40 on shorter runs)
- $40 Per Diem if your 10-hour break is not at your home (All Per Diem is TAX-FREE)
- Weekend pay (if needed) is $.69 per mile (Off on Saturdays & Sundays with rare exceptions)
- Full Benefits including 401K, 2 weeks paid vacation & 80 hours paid vacation
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid training
- Safety equipment provided
- 2019 Freightliner Coronado Day Cabs (Beautiful Flat Black Trucks)
- Bonus pay
- Extra stop pay
- Performance bonus
- Safety bonus
Only committed and qualified individuals should apply! If this description matches you, let’s get started on your new and rewarding career.
All applicants will be administered a pre-employment drug screen. Blacklidge also randomly tests employees for illegal substances.